I’m Christine Lowry, founder of Montessori and Special Needs and Montessori-Now. As a Montessori and special educator, I’m commited to the belief that all kinds of learners can thrive in a Montessori classroom. Every child deserves this opportunity and with our respect for the needs of the individual, Montessori can be an optimal setting. Through founding, directing, and teaching in two Inclusive Montessori schools, I’ve been able to explore and experience “best practices” for serving diverse learning and behavior needs in ways consistent with our Montessori foundations.
Montessori educators and school leaders at all levels can gain the knowledge, strategies, and techniques to confidently create inclusive classrooms. With Montessori and Special Needs, I share my experience with the Montessor community with presentations, workshops and courses, and consultation and coaching.
I look forward to sharing our journey together.
My Experience and Education
- M.Ed. and M.A. in special education (birth-21) supporting learning and behavior in all areas of diversity, including autism, sensory processing difficulties, ADHD, learning disabilities, developmental delays, and trauma and other mental-health issues
- Montessori Early Childhood credential
- Certificate in Coaching
- Leadership of Montessori schools, and public school and mental health programs
- Classroom educator in Montessori public, charter, and independent schools
- Instructor and field consultant for several Montessori teacher training programs
- Special projects contracts with AMS, MACTE, and IMC